Monday, March 29, 2010

帥哥西裝 Handsome Suits

this is a japanese movie. one of the best ones i've seen in a long time. the moral of this movie is "never judge a book by it's cover"; which is especially true when it comes to love and finding love. for some reason, watching this movie brought up a lot of memory which got me thinking...

it's always easy to be loved then to actually love someone. loving someone means ur putting yourself out in the open with lots of risk of getting hurt. but an easier way would be to learn how to love yourself first. because once you know how to love yourself, loving someone you care about with all your heart, all the risk doesn't seem to matter or mean anything anymore.

watching this movie reminded me of how i was when i first met cherie online. she was in high school, while i was in college. she and i met online through a chat room because i was bored at 3am in the morning trying to finish my marketing paper. cherie went online and start chatting with me in english because she needed english help on her paper. thus as time went on, we became penpals.

during that time, we didn't see each other photos, nor did we know how each other looked like. it was after a month later that we talked for the first time on the phone. even then, we didn't know how each one of us looked. i was shy, because i was never the handsome type. so when she asked me how i looked, i would always say... i'm the cute type. wahaha...

during the many months we chatted online and offline, i really liked her personality and we have so much to talk about and so much in common. but i knew, once she gets into college, maybe this little crush she has for me will fizz out like a bubbling champagne going flat. but her crush, her love for me, kept going strong; which i could no longer deny my feelings for her. we never met, nor have we ever seen each other's photos, i had a feeling maybe she's the one. but never had i let her know how i was feeling for her, because i was afraid when we meet face to face, it will change everything.

cherie was a swimmer and had broad shoulder and a longer chin, but definitely shorter than Jay Leno's. haha. but when i first saw her photos and met her in person, i knew she was the one, because those were the things that attracted me to her even more.

she came to the airport to pick me up at 6AM, after taking the long bus ride from Taipei to the airport. when we meet for the very first time, she was very shy but happy to see me (which after our marriage she told me she was a bit disappointed the first time she saw me... but that's for another story later on.. haha).

when we walked side by side, she kept wiping her sweating palm against her dress. she looked like she wanted to hold my hands but was shy to do so. so, i grabbed her hands and next thing you know.. cherie leaned her head on my shoulders. right then and there, i knew she's the one i've been waiting for. the one that God had made all my previous relationship end in misery or burn up in flames or crash and burn if you will. all that was to test my endurance as a trial and preparation for the one He prepared for me. cherie is my missing puzzle, she completes me. she's my best friend, my lover, my wife, and my partner in life who has given us a beautiful angel, haley.

never judge a book by it's cover.. likewise, when you do meet a guy or a girl whom doesn't attract you at first sight, maybe you should look again carefully... not with your eyes, but with your open heart. because just maybe.. he or she may be the one that God has create and planned for you to meet.

this movie is really the best! a very heart felt, warm and fuzzing feeling type of movie that will melt away your heavily armor shielded heart to find love again~



click here for a brief overview of the movie

No comments:

Post a Comment